Digital Music Convenience for Audiophiles
Daphile is an audiophile class music server & player OS – targeted to dedicated headless PC.
Music shapes the world around us.
Musicians are leaders, uniting us with songs & ideas.
CASH Music is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering artists through free and open tools for the web, story-driven education, and new kinds of funding.
Bottom line: we help musicians find careers that are healthy for their art and for them.
- Headless music server OS
- Bitperfect and gapless playback
- Extensive audio format support
- Native DSD playback up to DSD512
- PCM resolutions up to 384kHz/24bit
- High quality audio resampling including PCM to DSD conversion
- Convolution filtering for DRC and equalizer
- “Play from RAM” to minimize CPU load and disk activity during playback
- Automatic audio device configuration with multiplayer support
- CD ripping with AccurateRip™ verification, automatic metadata tagging and cover art
- Supports external file servers as music source
- Easy configuration and installation through the web interface
- WiFi hotspot support (if compatible hardware exists)
- Software update via web interface
- Network-attached storage (NAS) service
- Whole system included in about 200MB ISO-file
Daphile is based on the open source Squeezebox Server, Squeezelite and Linux.
Since Daphile is used and configured completely via the web interface the user is not required to have any Linux skills.
Daphile ISO images:
- 64-bit x86 – recommended: daphile-17.05-x86_64.iso
- 32-bit x86: daphile-17.05-i486.iso
- 64-bit x86 with realtime kernel: daphile-17.05-x86_64-rt.iso
Volumio is a free and Open Source Linux Distribution, designed and fine-tuned exclusively for music playback. It runs on a variety of devices, typically small and cheap computers like the Raspberry PI, but also on low power PCs, notebooks or thin clients.
By flashing (installing) Volumio on any of this platforms, it will then become an headless Audiophile Music Player. Headless means that the only way to control it will be with another Mobile phone, computer or tablet.
This is made possible by Volumio’s UI: a web applications that runs on any device with a browser, and that allows an easy and intuitive control of your playback sessions. All communications between the webapp and Volumio will happen through your home network.
- Runs on Raspberry PI, UDOO, Cubox-i, Odroid, PC, Mac and a variety of other small devices
- Minimal operating system, tailored for Bit-Perfect Audio Playback
- Works with any USB 2.0 DAC
- Raspberry PI and Odroid I2S DACs supported natively
- Supports all filetypes: FLAC, Alac, Aac, Vorbis, Mp3, DSD etc
- UPNP Playback
- Airplay Playback
- DSD Over PCM support, for non Direct-DSD compatible hardware
- Integrated WebRadio directories
- If a compatible wireless hardware is found, Volumio will create an hotspot network for first configuration
- Mount CIFS and NFS Network Attached Storage, with an auto-discovery function
- Custom playlist editing and creation
- Plugin support with new functions available like Spotify and Digital Room Correction
- Seamless update system: no need to reinstall when a new version is available
- Multilanguage with a growing number of translations available
- Image background support, even your favourite one
- Alarm and sleep function